We offer a variety of workshops and seminars designed by Kahu Abraham Kawai‘i to promote personal focus, growth and evolution. Many of our workshops are “intensive,” providing a 24-hour per day immersion into kahuna principles and focus on the individual. This way of teaching is designed to point out the concepts and patterns that create one’s day to day experiences of reality. Successful students learn to expand these concepts and experience changes in relationships, finances, emotions, health and spiritual life.
Our kahuna workshops are a means to a physical, spiritual and situational alignment. They are designed to bring forth out of the student the awareness of the simplicity of his or her innate self.
To change one’s mind is to change one’s pattern;
To change one’s pattern is to change one’s life.
– Kahu Abraham Kawai‘i
All courses are formulated by prior arrangement. The travel schedules and desired topics of new and returning students determine the timing and duration of the courses offered. By not formulating a rigid framework on the workshop, we are able to avoid limitations or frameworks on the achievements of our students. This is one of the applied kahuna principles on which Nā Pua ‘Olohe was founded.
For a partial workshop schedule, see the right sidebar. Please contact us at email@example.com for our full schedule or to discuss a private consultation.
Examples of Workshop Formats
Our workshops partake of a variety of formats and modalities, based upon the needs and specific interests of the students who choose to attend. These formats include, but are not limited to:
- Kaʻaleleau: Movement-based “flying” as personal navigation. Traditionally-trained Hawaiian navigators understood themselves to be the center of the universe. Following this principle, navigation training extends itself beyond physical or celestial navigation and enables one to “navigate” through life. Ka‘aleleau aligns the patterns of motion and action with the physical self and environment. It enables the individual to navigate with fluidity, balance, and coordination through whatever life’s situations may bring.
- Ho‘omanamana: Stretching as awareness of the physical, psychological, and energetic body and its connection to breath. Ho‘omanamana is the act of taking old, ancient, or unused energies and converting them into contributing functions. Our stretching courses combine physical and mental preparation and exercise in the form of ho‘omanamana (stretching exercise sequences as body inventory), lima ikaika (strength exercises), ha‘iha‘i (flexibility exercises), ho‘onaopopo i‘au (sensitivity exercises), ‘imi na‘auao (awareness meditation), and ha‘awi‘ana (oral presentations of Self).
- Huli honua: Also called “Hawaiian Geomancy,” this is the knowledge of how the land, the elements, and the placement of natural and man-made structures affect one another and the flow of natural energies. Our huli honua workshops are studies of how man-made objects interact with the natural energies within the design and placement of a space. We offer several types of Geomancy training, including huli honua and kuhikuhipu‘eoneone.
- Prayer: Our prayer workshops teach that there is nothing you cannot change; you are a creator. We teach the student that awareness is the first step to understanding that every individual has the capability to promote better health by the way they think. As a focused extension of thought, prayer can create empowerment, experience and change.
- Personal Development: These workshops may utilize one or more of the modalities described above. The primary focus is on practicing kahuna principles and learning to apply them to specific situations in one’s own life. These workshops are generally conducted with groups of four to eight students, in order to focus on individual issues.
- Corporate Coaching: Like personal development workshops, our corporate coaching focuses upon topics like creating harmonious flows of energy, dealing with stress, and creating win-win situations from the kahuna perspective. Our corporate coaching consultations and workshops are based the principles of inclusion: the knowledge that one must find useful placements for what is before moving on to what could or should be. Unlike personal development workshops, our coaching consultations are highly individualized, and may include individuals or several team members from a single organization.
If you are interested in attending a workshop or seeking a private consultation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A partial schedule is on the right sidebar. Below, you will find a video of Hoʻokahi Tamara discussing kahuna science and the types of workshops that we do.